Thursday, February 19, 2009

Escape to the Outdoors

Well, I left the house today for the first time in 9 days. That must be some kind of record! I am still weak but gradually getting better. Still knitting....
The top hat calls itself a medium. Depending on the yarn they would fit a youth or average adult. If you have a fat head like me you would probably like it made on the large loom.

These are only some of the hats I've been knitting using the Nifty Nitters. The little baby hats are such a hoot. Saturday I'm looking forward to the first of two classes on "real" knitting and today I ventured out for needles and came back with more yarn Shhhh
James has a new show of his paintings coming up at Kingfisher Used Books at the end of the month. The opening will be on Saturday the 7th of March. We're still firming up our entertainment and then I'll be making posters, emailing folks, and the like.
Meanwhile it's time to do forms for this summers ArtWalk so we can mail them out.

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I must have missed why you have been unwell, but the knitting certainly hasn't suffered! Hope you recoevr fully soon.

Nora and James McDowell said...

I had a prolonged case of diverticulitis in January and a truly wretched cold this month.
I am slowly improving.
I may have to microwave the hats so I don't become a Typhoid Mary.