Monday, November 21, 2011

It's the busy season, but aren't they all?


Salt & Pepper Pattie  Pan oil on panel 6" X 6" $125.00

James has continued painting a little paintings nearly every day. They are all on his Facebook page at McDowells Hilltop Gallery.  
He has a show of some at Kingfisher Used Books here in Creston until the end of the year. 
We also are part of a show at Centre 64 in Kimberly starting Nov 29, with an opening on the afternoon of Dec 4. and running until Dec 22.

James is showing 60 of his daily paintings plus some of his larger work and I am showing birdhouses, Tea cozies, and pendants I have been making using tiny images of James' paintings mounted behind a glass tile.
Our friend, Sandy Kunze will be showing raku fired clay and another friend, Bea van Allmon, will be showing here wonderful clay birds.






Coffee Grinder 8 X 10 acrylic on panel $125.00

As life goes on I notice one of my treasures "missing" and then, low and behold, there it is in the daily painting.


Ye Olde Coffee Pot 6 X 6 acrylic on panel $125.00

Can't have the coffee grinder without the pot.


Back when Ironing was still Fun 6 X 6 oil on panel $125.00

I believe he misnamed that one!
My mom had one of these and she hated it. It hissed, ran on gas, was a real fire hazard. Wash and wear was such an advance!

James and I will also be at the Creston Arts Council Craft Fair at the Rec Center this Sat, Nov 26, from 9:00 - 5:00 
and at 
the Wynndel Craft Fair on 
Sat, Dec 3, 
at the Wynndel Hall from 9:00 - 3:00.


We will be selling calendars of James' work.

James' daily paintings calendar. $25.00
and

"The Manly Calendar" $25.00

We will also have cards made from photos of his paintings and pendants I have been making of miniatures of his paintings mounted behind a glass tile.





I started these using commercial bails but have since moved to a wire work bail I make myself.


Here's a back view. They are finished with an Oriental origami paper before I attach the bail.
 The pendants sell for $20.00.

Here are couple of my tea cozies which sell for $35.00.



 

No comments: