Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm taking some quilt classes to relearn skills I'd learned in 1990, before we moved back to Creston from the Seattle-Tacoma area. With our building our house and me starting my birdhouse business, and sewing being the "reward" for when the work is done - ha!! I never got back to it until now, but now I have several directions I want to try, and I need to reaquaint myself with some of the rules so I can break them.
This is a modified four patch based on "Four Patch Harmony" from the book "Fat Quarter Frenzy" by Daphne Grieg and Susan Purney-Mark. It was supposed to be a throw about 56 X72 and then James said "I hope it will be big enough for the bed" so it has some growing to do.
I learned a slick trick for lay out. We've stapled an elcheapo plastic table cloth with a flannel backing backwards to the wall and it works like a felt board. I am so pleased.

No comments: